Friday, September 27, 2013

September 2013

Saturday night under the lights.
I've always had this image of college game days encrypted in my mind when I heard about the University of Michigan. Going to tailgates, meeting friends old and new. Dancing on platforms, singing a little too loud, getting hyped up for the game. Encountering a plethora of people at the Michigan Stadium, decked out in their maize and blue. Sitting in the student section, chanting Hail to the Victors. Scoring touchdowns, hearing the stadium roar. Beating Notre Dame as the Leaders and the Best. Lights on, maize out.

Home.
College is the time for new faces, places, memories and mistakes. As I continue to grow, I realize that every experience and every person I meet continues to help shape me into the person I am. Coming to Ann Arbor, I was, and still am, ecstatic to unveil the opportunities my college years hold. I was prepared to embrace the fresh start, the exotic scenes, the neoteric faces--everything. I was not going to let a fleeting moment slip by before my eyes. One month in and my memories from college are more loaded than a billionaire's bank account. I've gone through some experiences I never thought I would encounter. At one point, I thought I was starting to become everything I said I never would be. I wanted to change myself back into who I thought I was, but then I realized: maybe, just maybe, this is who I truly am. A curious girl who has her share of mishaps while discovering the world. Through everything, however, what I didn't expect was to call this place my home.

B-school.
When I began high school, I didn't have the slightest idea as to what I wanted to pursue as a career. I thought about pursuing a career in the arts, but the instability of an artistic career vexed me. Then, during my sophomore year, I discovered DECA through my marketing courses. DECA is an association of business students who compete in role-plays and examinations, and it is the organization that ultimately led me to my vocation. I hope to someday earn my BBA at the Ross School of Business. You see, business is my forte; it incorporates knowledge with interpersonal skills, a combination of scholarship and socialization.

1 comment:

  1. I really identified with your second caption about "home." We've only been here a month, but I feel as if I've been here a year. College has really lived up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete